Landman Corsi Ballaine & Ford P.C. is a civil litigation firm, serving clients throughout the country from offices in New York, New Jersey and Pennsylvania. We strive to achieve for our clients the best and most cost-efficient resolution of their legal disputes and, where possible, to avoid legal claims in the first place.
One of the keys to our success is our reputation. Our firm stands ready, whenever necessary, to try difficult cases to verdict and we have earned favorable outcomes in inhospitable venues across the country. We also have an accomplished appellate practice, which informs and complements our trial practice skills. Moreover, our reputation and demonstrated skills as litigators are often indispensable to achieving favorable resolutions for our clients through direct settlement negotiation, mediation or other alternative dispute resolution vehicles.
Another key to the firm's success is the diverse backgrounds of our attorneys. We take pains to assign the right attorneys - and not an army of attorneys - to handle a particular matter. This both increases the likelihood of a successful result and decreases the associated costs.
Our firm has roughly doubled in size since its creation in 1995. We are proud of this growth, which has been entirely organic, but we are even prouder that many of our key clients have been with the firm since its inception.
The depth and breadth of our attorneys' experiences enable us to handle local, national and international disputes involving alleged personal injury, financial loss or discrimination. As described elsewhere, our principal practice areas include:
- Appellate Advocacy
- Civil Rights, Municipal and Constitutional Law
- Commercial and Business Litigation
- Construction Litigation and Counseling
- Employment Litigation and Counseling
- General Litigation
- Insurance and Reinsurance Litigation and Counseling
- Mass Tort Litigation
- Products Liability Litigation
- Professional Liability Litigation
- Rail, Bus & Other Transportation Litigation
- Toxic Tort Litigation
- Trial Advocacy
From the moment a matter is assigned, we develop a strategy aimed at obtaining a resolution that best serves our client's interests. Clients often come to us before a dispute goes into suit with one or more of the following goals:
- Avoiding circumstances likely to give rise to a claim
- Reaching a pre-suit resolution of a likely claim
- Preparing to defend a suit.
When clients come to us at the time a suit is filed, they typically look to us to:
- Perform an early and frank evaluation of the merits of the claim and possible damages, as well as the costs of alternative strategies
- Formulate a resolution strategy
- Weigh the pros and cons of preliminary motions
- Evaluate what discovery is really necessary to defend a suit, keeping in mind the possibility of summary judgment motions and trial.
Given our well-earned reputation, clients also frequently come to us with cases that have already been extensively litigated, sometimes even to the eve of trial or in the aftermath of an adverse verdict.
Whatever the circumstances, we pride ourselves in giving our clients confidence that we will litigate their case vigorously and effectively through the trial and appellate process, but remain constantly alert to opportunities for an earlier, negotiated resolution of the dispute when that is in their best interest.